Monday, December 28, 2009

4 Days to Departure

I hope you all had a great Holiday and are still having a relaxing break. In 5 days we will depart for Berlin and I wanted to touch base with you. I'll be sending another e-mail 24 hours before our departure. Here is a list of essential things that you MAY not forget: Your passport, ATM card, credit card, any essential medication, some cash. (See below for additional information!)

We all have electronic tickets. Our flight from Washington to Frankfurt is a non-stop flight. Our group confirmation number is: (I have sent this via e-mail). I will order vegetarian meals for those who indicated that on their health forms.

It looks like there will be a 40% chance of snow showers on New Years Eve and New Years Day, the day of our departure. Therefore, I would recommend that you leave early and check the weather report on a regular basis. Please plan to be at the airport at least 3 hours prior to our departure, the latest by 2:30 p.m. Please, make sure to leave early.

The weather report for Europe calls for snow and rain (depending on where we will be). The weather will be similar to here in the USA on the West Coast. Therefore, please take with you winter clothes: warm gloves, snow boots, warm winter coat, sweaters, etc. Here is the link for the weather in Berlin (http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/businesstraveler/tenday/GMXX0007?from=36hr_topnav_business) check it out.

I have made reservations for everyone for the opera and paid for that using my credit card. I prefer if you can pay me in Euros once we are in Germany. This will be the easiest for me. I am looking forward to seeing you all on January 1 at 2:30 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment